- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Deputy Project Manager - Highways
This is a new opportunity for an experienced Civil / Highway Engineer to join one of our top clients and one of the UK's leading consultancies, as a Deputy Project Manager, and get involved with a vast range of exciting highway projects.
In this Deputy Project Manager role you will be able to experience new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general. This vacancy is suited for a well-rounded individual, responsible for planning and managing the delivery of projects, including adequacy of design, compliance with standards and legislation, resource time, cost and quality.
A typical week would include:
- Project Management and provision of engineering expertise involving a range of multi-disciplinary infrastructure schemes primarily within the UK and Ireland.
- Client focus, lead and attend design review meetings or progress meetings.
- Line management and mentoring of more junior staff.
- Technical input and design on Highway projects, including:
- Undertaking and supervising alignment design and modelling together with integration into BIM.
- Application of the Design Manual for Roads & Bridges, and, Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works.
- Developing and delivering conventional non-standard design solutions through Departure from Standards procedures, etc, and ensuring all requisite approvals and consents are secured for projects.
Ideal candidate experience:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or another appropriate subject.
- Incorporated or Chartered Status (AMICE/MICE or equivalent) or currently pursuing.
- A good level of post graduate experience in the design, supervision and overall management of highways schemes
- Be able to demonstrate clear and successful project management skills and technical competence in the field of highway engineering, and ideally on major highway projects.
- Be able to demonstrate clear and successful liaison and co-ordination on multi-discipline projects and working knowledge of other disciplines' technical capabilities and requirements.
What is the opportunity offering?
- As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, our client offers benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme - so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme), plus offering a great environment to develop your career.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.