- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Design Build (Test Production Module) Team Lead
Our leading global company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard.
The Design Build (Test Production Module) Team Lead is a full-time permanent position that will report to the Design Build Manager and will be responsible for coordinating the wider Engineering, Planning, Production and Supply Chain Organizations in the build of a dedicated Test Production Module(s). Building the test module(s) will enable the shipyard to exercise its new processes and data flows, ensure personnel are suitably trained and familiar with the new processes, materials and equipment, and streamline construction for when full production begins.
- From the early design stages, prior to build of the vessels, lead a cross-functional, multi-discipline team to develop the plan to test the end-to-end build process
- Take Lead on the selection of units and / or modules that will become TPMs
- Establish Test Production Module (TPM) requirements
- Liaise with the other two DfB workstream Team Leads to ensure alignment to TPM requirements
- Liaising with all relevant functions including, but not limited to, Engineering, Production Engineering, Planning, Document Control, Supply Chain, Logistics, Production and Human Resources to enable the formulation of a cohesive and workable plan
- Ensure the relevant functional and cross functional processes are in place to enable the end-to-end process
- Ensure that all requirements, including Data flows, outputs, materials, support services, shop floor resources (operatives and supervision) are known and in place
- Ensure any training requirements are captured
- Ensure lessons learned during the process are captured and evaluated and changes enacted and re-trialed to ensure future success
- Collaborate with the business to make any IT changes required to support an integrated business modelling approach for the program and an efficient transition from design phases into supply chain, planning and production
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of Manufacturing and construction data flows
- Experience with the use of 3D product model software packages
- Knowledge of PLM software packages
- Experience with the use of ERP systems and scheduling software packages
- Experience in complex system manufacturing environment
- Experience in manufacturing process development
- Experience working in naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding, offshore construction, and/or other large military procurement programs
- Experience in a team lead role that coordinated design activities and involved direct staff management and individual team member activity planning
- Degree or Diploma in Manufacturing/Production Engineering or similar
- Experience with and managing multi-discipline teams
- Experience in Computer Aided Manufacture, CNC data extraction and Manufacturing Output definition
- Experience in Manufacturing Execution software, assessment and implementation
- Strong personal time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in English, both orally and in writing
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.