- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highways Design Engineer
Our client is looking for a Highway Design Engineer to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
- This role is Inside IR35
* Undertake design, consultation and implementation of highway schemes, prepare a scheme programme and monitor budgets.
* Undertake site assessments and develop solutions that meet our policies, criteria and standards.
* Prepare drawings, specifications and cost estimates
* Arrange and supervise implementation of schemes
* Prepare reports, respond to correspondence and arrange meetings associated with schemes.
* Prepare planning applications for off-highway works.
* Promote Safe Working Practices, including compliance with CDM Regulations
* Process Traffic Regulation Orders associated with schemes.
* Supervise staff within the team as directed by the Senior Engineer
* Act as a deputy to the Principal Engineer
Qualifications / Experience:
- Membership of appropriate professional body
- Computer skills with experience of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and CAD software
- Significant design office experience.
- Sound written and numeracy communication skills able to converse with engineering professionals and the like.
- Relevant qualification
Working conditions / environment:
- Mainly office environment
- Site visits if and when required (to live highways and construction sites)
- Communicating feedback to the senior engineer.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- £30 p/h via Umbrella Provider (the rate is dependent on candidate experience)
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Mike Carter directly on 01489898870
- Email your CV to email@example.com
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. It is not quite what you are looking for at present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.