- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Engineering Manager - Power and Propulsion
Engineering Manager - Power and Propulsion - Glasgow - 6 month contract - £48.30 LTD/UMB or PAYE on request
Purpose of role:
Provide engineering and management expertise for the delivery of power generation systems into the CSC programme. Manage the Electrical Systems engineering resource including the delivery of engineering work and services with multiple interfaces with customers and suppliers.
Key Technical Skills
- Ability to operate in a large, complex project at engineering management level in a multi-disciplinary, matrix management environment.
- Knowledge and experience in use of ship design processes and systems to LCM guidelines
- Extensive knowledge of Project Management techniques (EV,CPI,SPI, Risk etc)
- Technical knowledge and problem solving.
- Top 5 Major Tasks and Activities:,
- Design and deliver both the known CSC-T26-Power Generation, engineering scope and any incidental product change identified throughout the programme.
- Develop and progress the plan for the stage 1 marine design effort to deliver the stage 1 design to budget and schedule
- Devise and deliver the technology transfer plan for transfer of stage 1 capability to CSC
- Provide discipline interface to other disciplines / areas of the business.
- Deliver and support staff training and development.
- Additional Key Accountabilities:
- Responsibility for technical output of the Electrical System Design,
- Responsibility for providing leadership and direction in solving technical issues.
- Responsibility for the management of sub-contracted engineering work (where applicable).
- Responsibility for ensuring continued professional development of the engineering staff deployed on the project.
- Responsibility for ensuring the delivery of safe and environmentally products in accordance with relevant legislation. COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN
- This role will lead a team of engineers employing the following company computer aided design tools:-
- WINDCHILL - Engineering Data Management;
- AUTOCAD - 2 dimensional sketches;
- FORAN - for reviewing the 3 D model;
- VIRTALIS visualisation technology
- IHS Database for regulations and standards;
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.