- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Safety Engineer
There is a contract opportunity for a Principal Safety Engineer to join our client based in Warton.
A Vacancy exists in the AVC Function Development Team as part of the Safety sub-team, to perform safety analysis (initially Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA)) of the functions that will form the system requirements. The requirements will cover command & control/monitor, boat and equipment control. Based primarily at Warton with some travel to Barrow and possibly Rochester to support delivery.
Purpose of role
- To undertake a range of Product Safety activities in line with all relevant project and corporate processes and any specific customer requirements
- To undertake review, qualification and approval activities relative to deliverable and delivered items
- Facilitate the implementation of relevant Product Safety processes
- Knowledgeable with respect to Product Safety Legislation and Regulation
- Familiar with Product Environmental Legislation and Regulation (ARP4754, ARP4762 etc)
Competent with applying formal hazard/ safety assessment techniques and methods such as:-
- HAZID (Hazard Identification),
- HAZOPS (Hazard and Operability studies,
- FHA (Functional Hazard Analysis),
- PHA (Preliminary Hazard Analysis),
- FTA/ETA (Fault/Event Tree Analysis,
- FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) etc.
- Good communication & team working behaviours.
Minimum of 5 years safety experience.
Experienced in safety risk management, this will include hazard identification, analysis, risk assessment and risk mitigation
*Based primarily at Warton with some travel to Barrow and possibly Rochester to support delivery.*
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Did you know that just 9% of young people would consider a career in construction?
That’s the recent finding of a survey by giant housing association L&Q, which surveyed 1,095 16 to 18-year-olds about th...