- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Geology / Mining Junior Officer
This is a great opportunity for a Graduate or Assistant Engineer to join our client, the UK's leading authoirtiy on Mining based projects, and to gain experience on a wide range of interesting mining and geotechnical projects.
This is a particularly interesting opportunity as it will allow the successful candidate to gain exposure to a wide range of mining, geology and geotechnical projects, whilst offering technical support and assistance to the company's Licensing and Permission Team, processing of applications from companies to explore, access or remediate mine entries and mine workings.
The role is ideally suited for a technically minded, team focussed individual with an attention for detail to provide technical support to the Coal Authority Permitting and Licensing functions
- Providing technical support and assistance to the Licensing and Permission Team, gaining exposure to various Mining & Geology based projects
- Technically evaluating proposals for Permits and Licences and liaising with applicants
- Updating and managing databases pertaining to Licences and Permits, using/learning GIS and mapping software
- Managing coal mine operator returns and producing management reports
- Supporting the process of Permit and Licence registration and closure
You'll need to have:
- Basic understanding of site investigation and mining processes
- Knowledge of the risks associated with site investigations and mining
- Experience of reading and interpreting maps and plans
- Experience of geotechnical and site based drilling works
- Experience of interpreting and reporting on data
- Experience of dealing with difficult situations and people
- An interest in Coal Mining operations and geology/mining/ geotechnical Engineering
- A will to progress your professional development in this area as part of a wider team
- Experience of working with GIS and mapping software
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Our client is renowned for their inclusive attitude and great work environment, in this role you'll be given the chance to gain experience to exciting and interesting projects, as well as training and development opportunities.
The role also comes with a civil service pension, 27.5 days plus Bank Holidays + 6 days Flexi Leave, Performance Related Pay, Gym Membership contribution plus more, but most importantly the role is great stepping stop for an ambitious and driven individual to develop their future career.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.