- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Project Manager
Highways England are seeking an SPM to advise on and promote all matters relating to statutory undertakers and New Roads & Street Work Act processes in their schemes. The role can be based in either Guildford, Bedford or Bristol.
Your new role
You will conduct client advisory services to work with individual project teams, stakeholders and statutory undertakers to scope value engineered solutions through optioneering design and delivery. By doing this you will achieve ensure best practice is followed and maintained through the lifecycle of each project. You will provide quality assurance through review and audit of New Roads & Street Work Act C2 - C9 processes to add value by providing industry expertise. The role can be based in either Guildford, Bedford or Bristol. You will work on various projects, some to include M20 J10a, A27 Arundel Bypass and M25 J10/A3 Wisley Interchange which are in value range of £100m up to £250m.
What you'll be leading on
- Advise on and promote all matters relating to statutory undertakers and New Roads & Street Work Act processes in schemes in your region
- Provide support and expertise to the Development and Consent Order Programme Management team and project teams
- Liaise with legal services framework contract to manage specific utility works agreements
- Actively manage regional utility organisational relationships
To be successful
- Extensive experience in project or programme management experience in the Utilities sector
- Extensive understanding and application in a project environment of New Roads & Street Work Act
- Experienced in delivering Highways Act and Planning Act Orders in relation to Utility Works
- Understanding of how utilities organisations are regulated
- Well-rounded knowledge and understanding of utility construction and activities especially health and safety (Construction Design and Management Regulations) across main disciplines including water, gas and electricity
A bit about us
Regional Investment Programme is currently responsible for delivering 82 schemes worth in excess of £7bn that will enable economic growth and improve effectiveness of the strategic road network and how it links to England's local infrastructure. 39 of these schemes have a commitment to start works by the end of March 2020. We've stepped away from transactional project-based approaches to introduce portfolio management and regional accountability. Our team is based in one of 6 locations but we all work collaboratively to make us better able to deliver our objectives
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.