- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Are you a naval architect with a drive to work for a leader in the yacht manufacture industry?
Job title: Naval Architect
Place of work: Southampton Hours of work: 38 hours per week
Options for contract and permanent candidates
This is a great opportunity for a Naval Architect to further their experience and career with one of the most reputable employers of Naval Architects in the market. Our client is one of the biggest consultancies on the South Coast that can offer the opportunity to work amongst the best engineers on some of the most interesting projects on the market.
The ideal candidate will have experience with…
Providing a skilled contribution to the design work for assigned projects within the company and maintaining the technical requirements and the standard of deliverables required within your discipline.
- Competence in fundamental Naval Architecture tasks; including hull design and stability calculation, weight calculation, performance prediction, model testing, seakeeping analysis, tank plan development and arrangement drawings, including concept design stage space planning and development.
- The ability to produce clear and well-presented drawings and plans to a suitable quality and standard.
- 2D CAD (AutoCAD) to produce design information (Advanced skill level).
- 2D/3D CAD and other specialist software (incl Maxsuf and Rhino) as required to produce design information.
- MS Office to develop reports, spreadsheet data and presentation information.
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory regulations and Classification and Flag rule sets (incl LY3 & PYC).
- Knowledge and understanding of ship structural design.
- Knowledge and understanding of ship systems design and its impact upon integration.
- The ability to process technical problems and effectively seek out the correct technical solution using sound engineering judgement.
- Commercial awareness, with the ability to ensure that works are being carried out and completed to an appropriate standard and level of detail.
- On site works, both in the UK and with the potential for frequent travel and site attendance within Northern
Europe. Further International Travel as required on a project by project basis.
- A flexible approach to working hours and the ability to respond to peaks of workload within a project.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.