- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Private Sector Housing Manager
The main requirements of the role will be to lead and motivate the Private Sector Housing Team to deliver outstanding performance, high customer satisfaction and value for money.
You will be required to:
- Lead and motivate the Private Sector Housing Team to deliver outstanding performance, high customer satisfaction and value for money
- Work as part of the wider Communities team to deliver outstanding services that ensure the health, safety & welfare of local residents and visitors and contribute to the delivery of the Council's strategic objectives.
- Foster excellent internal and external working relationship to enhance service delivery.
- Support the Head of Communities to deliver the Council's and Directorate's objectives through joined-up service planning and flexible use of resources
Purpose of job
- To lead and develop a team of highly trained professionals to regulate the private rented sector.
- To ensure that private sector housing complaints and disputes are recorded and dealt with in accordance with the Council's policies and legislative framework.
- To ensure the council complies with the Housing Act 2004, The Housing & Planning Act, Landlord and tenant Act 1985, Housing Act 1985 and all other relevant legislation and guidance.
- To implement Government and Local Authority policy, regulations, procedures and guidance as it affects private sector housing.
- To provide day-to-day advice and guidance to members, council senior management and colleagues and internal and external partners in relation to private sector housing.
- To support the Service Director and the Head of Communities to develop the Council's strategy, policies and procedures in relation to private sector housing.
- To manage the budget in relation to private sector housing.
Responsible for the operational leadership of the private sector housing , ensuring the Council develops innovative solutions to:
- Robust action to ensure the regulation of the private rented sector
- Education and advice to private landlords to ensure compliance
- Private sector housing complaints are recorded and dealt with in the appropriate way in line with policy.
Deputise for the Head of Communities when required.
Develop and implement innovative and creative solutions to problem solving, manage the best use of the resources for all users of the service.
Advise senior management and Council on the effects of relevant new or draft legislation, codes of Practice or other initiatives, publications or developments, ensuring that appropriate Members and other interested parties are properly briefed and advised.
Respond to national, regional and local consultation from government, statutory, private and voluntary bodies.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.