- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am currently recruiting for a Project Manager to be based in Farnborough working for an aerospace company.
As a project Manager you will be responsible for the lifecycle of all product development for local NPI projects, from the point at which the project is won.
- Accountable for meeting all the assigned project objectives including delivery, quality, cost, reliability and optimisation of profit.
- Ownership of, and responsibility for assigned Projects from contract award to transfer of product to production (end of Phase 6, in line with Sensors NPI process)
- Ensuring NPI Process is followed and complied with, including:
- Defining mandatory activities for the Project at the Project Definition stage with the Project
- Team Managing ongoing deviations to the NPI Process through the Deviation Statement
- Responsible for defining and collating the Project needs in terms of recurring and non-recurring cost, functional resource requirements and schedule
- Ensure all customer requirements are clear and available when required throughout the project (e.g. specification, SOW, PO, General requirement, planning, customer support requirements etc)
- Escalate any issues that affect the project and leading through to resolution (wherever reasonably possible)
- Manage project risks through maintaining and updating a cross functional risk register and highlighting risks to senior management where appropriate
- Be the single point of contact for the customer on project related issues (note that 'customer' may be internal on integrated programmes)
- Support and contribute to the Win New Business process, and providing support to sales where required
- Responsible for managing project performance in terms of cost and schedule adherence to the agreed company metrics and reporting structure
- Manage deviations to agreed cost budgets and schedule through the Impact Statement
- Responsible for creation and regular maintenance of an effective resourced and costed project plan
- Responsible for leading the project team activities to ensure successful delivery of the agreed project schedule, costs, and other agreed deliverables
Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge and experience of Project Management
- The ability to resolve issues with customers with some guidance
- Can solve standard problems with minimal guidance
- Responsible for multiple, standard/routine Projects
- Expected to have, or be working towards certification in Project Management
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.