- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Manager - Geotechnical / Ground Investigation
This is a new opportunity for a Project Manager with our client, one of the UK's leading site investigation contractors, well-suited for an experienced Engineering Geologist / Geotechnical Engineer to move up and develop their career.
The candidate will need to be able to actively participate in the following key activities:
- Plan and manage projects and business operations within their scope of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain existing and new business in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Promote the business's full range of activities
- Confident and knowledgeable of various ground investigation techniques.
- Day to day responsibility for planning, supervision and programming of Ground Investigation projects
- Project manage various small to medium scale (£2k to £250k) ground investigation projects from award through to project completion.
- Take full responsibility for the financial control of a project from award to completion.
- Compile monthly financial project accounts and assist the Operations Manager in maintaining the financial performance of projects.
- Manage a small team of site engineers and site technicians
- Assist the Operations Manager in managing the continued technical and professional development of staff within their team.
- Contribute to the preparation of technical proposals, represent the company at tender visits and assist with the scoping of contracts where required.
Knowledge & Experience
- 8 to 10 years plus of industry experience, ideally in Geotechnical or Ground Investigation
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in project management.
- Excellent awareness of ground investigation specifications, procedures, techniques, British Standards and codes of practice.
- Awareness and ability to implement Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Awareness of ICE, NCE contracts and the effective administration of them.
- Awareness of geotechnical and geoenvironmental laboratory testing
- Awareness/experience in data management and collating large volumes of data.
- Awareness of data presentation using borehole log software packages and report compilation.
- Qualified to degree level in a geotechnical discipline
- Completion of health and safety training schemes such as CSCS (Manager level), SMSTS, CDM 2015 Regulations etc.
- Computer literate and competent in use of MS Office
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Mobility, flexibility and commitment
- Full UK Driving Licence
As well as great benefits and fleible working environment, our also client prizes internal development and training to aid the continual growth and development of staff, which comes with great internal opportunities.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.