- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Engineer - Safety
Principal Engineer - Safety and Environmental Engineer - Barrow-in-Furness - 6 Months - £60.00/hr LTD/UMB. PAYE rates also available on request
***Overbudgets are accepted***
- To undertake functional design and/or provide specialist advice and qualification of their scope of responsibility and provide evidence for acceptance and fitness for purpose
- To confirm beyond reasonable doubt by review, surveillance and audit, that those assumptions underpinning engineering data, analysis methodologies, and interpretation of results have been validated
- To produce evidence in support of qualification, legislative requirements and safety justifications and provide specialist support for associated activities
- To contribute to identification and rapid closure of issues emerging from all product lifecycle stages and to manage the resulting change embodiment activities
- To liaise with both internal and external customers as required ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated where appropriate and agreed
- To undertake peer reviews or checking / verification tasks as directed
- To provide realistic programme status, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans
- To define the qualification obligations for the assurance hold points during build, test and commissioning
- Provide assurance to the Design Authority as to the adequacy and robustness of the Safety Case and supporting documentation
- To provide support to the Certificate of Design activities appropriate to the discipline
- To articulate and present complex technical argument clearly, logically and simply
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules and control measures.
- Experience in the following safety techniques: o Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA); o Fault Tree Analysis (FTA); o Event Tree Analysis (ETA); o Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA); o Accident Sequence Modelling; o Fault Schedules; o Hazard & Operability Analysis (HAZOP); o Zonal Hazard Analysis (ZHA). * Experience in using safety standards and guidance: o E.g. IEC61508, DO178, DEF-STAN-00-56, ARP-4761; o Setting integrity requirements (e.g. SIL, DAL); o Providing/ eliciting compliance evidence to standards and requirements; o Dealing with Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) equipment; o Dealing with Software of Unknown Pedigree (SOUP).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.