- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Java Software Engineer
There is a new contract requirement for a full lifecycle Software Engineer to join one of Matchtech's key clients based in Warton.
An opportunity has arisen for an Software Engineer within the Sensors Mission Data tools team on the Mission Data Preparation Programme (MDPP) for the Typhoon Defensive Aids Computer (DAC).
The role is for a highly motivated engineer who will be predominantly involved in the Java Software programming of the DASS MDPP. The applicant will be part of a small dynamic team which is involved in the capture of Customer requirements, performance of design activities, development of the MDPP software, performance of test and qualification activities, and delivering the DAC MDPP into the customer. The applicant will be predominantly involved in the Java Software programming of the DAC MDPP but will also be involved in all areas of the product lifecycle due to the small nature of the Team. The applicant will be responsible for the design and production of the "development" version of the tool and will support tailoring of the tool in support of customer specific requirements.
The applicant needs to
- Have a keen interest in software coding and wish to develop a full understanding of the functionality of the Defensive Aids Computer.
- Possess experience of the Java programming language or similar.
- Possess full security clearance up to and including UK SECRET UK EYES ONLY.
- Ideally have a working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.