- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Highways / Civil Engineer
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Highways Engineer to join their Engineering Team based in their Brighton office.
You will join a vibrant team and work on major prestigious projects within Brighton and across the UK, enabling you to advance your career, whilst giving you the freedom to achieve personal growth and development.
As standard they offer flexible working to everyone, with core hours of 10am till 4pm Monday to Friday, and the ability to work remotely when needed.
A bit about the role:
- The design and documentation of civil infrastructure components of the projects, including but not limited to, Highway design (S38/S278) both preliminary and detailed & Drainage design both strategic and detailed.
- Conduct any liaison or consultation with statutory authorities or undertakers as necessary to implement the construction of the projec
- To provide Engineering support within the Engineering Team in the management and delivery of the service to our clients
- Production and checking of drawings (AutoCAD)
- Communicating with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other engineers
- Support other employees with technical advice on Highway Engineer projects
- Give technical advice to our clients and potential clients
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to budget
- To produce Highway and other Engineering designs
- To lead on projects ensuring the Engineering team deliver the agreed commissions and that Client expectations are met or exceeded
- To lead the engineering input at all stages of a project from conceptual design, through the project cycle to site monitoring
- Support junior staff with their training and development
- Check output produced by other staff in terms of reports/drawings etc.
- Accredited degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Consideration given to significant relevant experience in lieu of specified education and professional qualification.
- In depth understanding of Highway/ Engineering Design and design standards
- Knowledge of engineering design, related legislation, contract procurement and contract administration
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant technical / industry / TFL standards
- Good project management skills and financial management
- Evidence showing continuous professional development
The position comes with:
- £38,000-£42,000 per year
- 25 days' annual leave + Bank Holidays!
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly Professional Membership of your choice
- Plenty of company organised social functions!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.