- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Lead Transport Consultant
Our client is a leading international, multidisciplinary consultant with offices in London and throughout the Gulf States, Middle East and Africa.
The team based in London are currently seeking to recruit a Lead Transport to work in their Design office.
The candidate is likely to have around 10-15 years' experience of working in a multi-disciplinary design environment and be flexible, adaptable and to work well under pressure.
The work of the Lead Transport Planner will handle the transport planning component of UK and overseas projects handled by the department and will report in to the Principal Transport Planner/Project Manager.
This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with solid analytical ability, strong organizational skills, good time management, well organized and a strong desire to deliver optimal results.
· Use the Quality System Procedures for project development as appropriate.
· Use International and National Standards as applicable.
· Prepare project identified deliverables from the department.
· Supervise the work of subordinate staff.
· Develop and monitor surveys for collection of planning data.
· Model traffic flows using mathematical techniques and specialist computer applications.
· Prepare traffic demand forecasts for all transport modes.
· Forecast the effects of transport improvements, policy changes and environmental changes on traffic patterns and volumes.
· Provide planning input to multi-criteria analyses for infrastructure projects.
· Coordinate project details with superiors.
· May act as project manager and manages projects lead by the department.
· Maintain liaison and provide technical support to other departments, area offices, and project sites as required.
· Willing to travel overseas at short notice for short and long-term assignments of up to 3 months
Key functional relationships
Quality Management and other technical departments related to the projects under his (her) supervision.
Preferably -Education / Professional qualifications:
· 3-year Degree in Transport Planning or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
· Plus extensive experience (10 or more years) in related activities.
· MSc. or Ph.D. is an advantage.
1. Experienced professional or an expert in specific field.
2. Preferably a minimum of 10-15 years of project experience essential.
3. Computer literate and experienced in use of appropriate software.
Core Competencies: (knowledge, skills, and behaviours needed for effective job performance)
Communication: Good communication and presentation skills.
Analytical Skills: Analyses specific technical problems and determines appropriate solutions, organizational skills and good attention to detail.
Technical Skills: Specialised in particular field.
Strategy/Planning: Able to meet work schedules.
Resource Management: Able to manage project resources.
Management / Leadership: Able to manage junior staff.
Networking: Ability to present well and defend proposed concepts.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.