- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners and property and business consultants.
The company has five offices in the UK and a strong reputation both locally and regionally of providing high quality professional advice. The planning and development department is an integral and fast-expanding part of the firm.
The team has extensive experience in the delivery of a broad range of planning and development jobs across several sectors. Our strengths lie in the attention to detail we apply to every aspect of a project - from outset to completion.
The company support a wide range of private and public sector clients, helping to deliver numerous residential, commercial, rural, and mixed use schemes throughout the UK.
The company offer a complete planning and development service from initial site assessment and feasibility advice, preparing detailed building designs, obtaining planning and building regulation consents, through to construction project management.
Development planning is at the very core of our business, and we bring significant added value by integrating a range of in-house services. We have a multi-disciplinary team of Town Planners, Architectural Technicians, Land and Building Surveyors.
The position is based at our Shrewsbury office with work predominantly based in our Planning & Development service. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Planning.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to develop the service within the business, eventually leading a team in this specialism.
Expertise in the following core skills is expected:
* Outline and detail drainage designs (surface water and foul water) for various types and scales of developments
* Consultations with various authorities (e.g. EA, local councils, sewerage undertakers),
* Site walkovers/ assessments;
* Interpretation of geo-technical reports for drainage designs;
* ArcGIS and AutoCAD applications
* Flood Risk Assessments
The position is office-based with administrative support and the candidate will be required to manage client relationships, provide fee quotes, arrange appointments, and to manage their work to meet deadlines under their own initiative.
The role will be based in Shrewsbury but will require travel throughout the country.
It is envisaged that the candidate will be educated to degree level, will have experience in the sector, and will be working toward or have chartered status with a relevant professional body.
* Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus participation in Berrys discretionary Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme.
* Training: All necessary training will be provided
* Healthcare Scheme: Inclusion in health cashplan following successful probation period. Optional voluntary Private Healthcare Scheme on a contributory basis.
* Holiday: Entitlement of 20 days per annum plus 3 to be taken between Christmas and New Year, and the Public/Bank holiday entitlement of 8 days per year, plus an extra day off on your birthday. An additional day accrues for every 5 years of service.
* Pension Scheme: Workplace pension scheme operated through NEST
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.