- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Systems Architect
A Senior Systems Architect is required to join Matchtech's key client based in Glasgow, this is an initial 6 month contract working on the Type 26. This role can also be based from Filton or Portsmouth,
The Senior Systems Architect will work across the Systems Engineering team as well as the system design teams to enable a comprehensive understanding of Marine Systems end-to-end functionality to be developed and linked to the operational and physical requirements. The role will capture the Marine Systems design in toolsets such as IBM System Architect, using MODAF viewpoints as the means for articulating various aspects of the design. The role will interrogate the functional, physical and operational model and identify integration challenges to be resolved through the system designers. Further, the role will support the development of the functional model in the Verification and Validation process - including the production of test plans and test cases.
Architecting is a new area of capability within the Type 26 Marine Systems team therefore the role holder will also be required to be capable of explaining the use of models in the design process and describing MODAF views in plain English.
Top Major Tasks and Activities:
- Develop the Marine Systems functional and operational architecture using MODAF views and IBM System Architect/ DOORS.
- Identify areas of integration challenge within Marine Systems through the functional and operation architecture; engage with the system design teams to reach an agreement on aspects of the architecture including areas of design change.
- Liaise with other SE team members to capture, analyse and map the Marine Systems functional architecture and requirements to support requirements analysis and traceability of solution elements.
- Prioritise architecting tasking to ensure that Architecture Products are developed in an appropriate sequence to support the higher level integration plan.
- Lead and chair architecture review meetings with customers/stakeholders/system designers including individuals unfamiliar with the architecting process.
- Support the use and deployment of Model Based Systems Engineering within Marine Systems by writing, tailoring and promulgating the policies, principles, and processes that will be adhered to in the development of the Marine Systems architecture and Engineering Data Framework.
Key Technical Skills
- Strong expertise and experience in the fundamentals of Model Based Systems Engineering and of Systems Architecting,
- Able to describe architecting processes and the use of architecture frameworks (such as MODAF / DoDAF).
- Explains architecture information / products to others in such a way that they can understand the impacts.
- Capable of using an architecting toolset to support the population of architecture information (such as System Architect or MooD).
- Able to gather, filter and process information that will be used to create Architecture Products. This includes discussing with and eliciting information from SMEs/Stakeholders.
- Employs analysis techniques that resolve questions asked of an architecture. For example feasibility analysis, cost vs. benefit analysis, risk analysis, transverse engineering aspect analysis (such as Safety, Information Assurance, DLoDs etc.).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.