- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Modelling and Simulation Engineer
Are you a System Modeller and Simulation expert looking to work on an exciting warfare project?
My client are looking for an experienced contractor to oversee sensor to effects performance modelling and analysis, in order to assess mission effectiveness and survivability and to inform conceptual system designs for an integrated airborne capability.
What type of project will you be working on?
- Cutting-Edge: You will be part of 'Team Tempest' (announced at the 2018 Farnborough International Airshow), developing state-of-the-art airborne electronic systems for the most advanced fighter aircraft ever to be made.
- Innovative: You will be involved with novel product development and emerging technologies that have been supported by my client's £200m annual investment in research and development.
- Challenging: This project will push the boundaries of innovation, technology, and the ingenuity of our engineering community to bring about a step change in performance and capability of our airborne electronic systems.
- Collaborative: My client's participation in Team Tempest will involve UK-wide collaboration across multiple business areas including, Electronic Warfare, Radar Systems, and Communication Systems.
- Customer-Focused: You will be supporting the future needs of the UK Royal Air Force and working closely with our customer will be vital to ensure that our solutions meet their future operational needs.
What will you do?
- Creation of representative, dynamic platform, mission, sensor, communication, and threat system models.
- Conduct dynamic systems modelling and simulation of integrated mission / sensor / communications systems.
- Translate mission types (e.g. ABAD, SEAD, ISR, etc.) into executable mission scenarios.
- Liaise with sensor and communication technical specialist teams to define and execute simulation environment.
- Perform analysis of integrated mission scenarios to assess mission effectiveness and survivability.
- Liaison with OA specialists from customer and industry partner organisations.
- Technical reporting of key findings and recommendations for delivery to customers & industry partners.
- Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
What key skills and experience do you require?
- Strong background in modelling & simulation of platforms and emitters in a dynamic environment.
- Substantial experience in modelling RF, EO / IR sensor systems and environments.
- Knowledge of EW technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use (DAS, EO / IR, Radar, Comms)
- High proficiency in the use of mathematical modelling tools such as MATLAB and Simulink.
- Extensive experience of stakeholder interaction with customers and industrial partners.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.
What will this role provide you with?
- Prestige: You can be at the forefront of the provision of a truly significant UK defence programme; Tempest.
- Influence: You will be able to apply your knowledge and experience to influence the next generation of sensor and communication systems for a next generation combat aircraft.
- Teamwork: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment.
- Connections: You will be joining an expansive team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK.
- Legacy: We are proud of our rich heritage in Electronic Warfare (EW); over 100 years of EW history. Today we're providing the latest advances in radio frequency technology and you can be part of the next 100
In addition to this, my client offer a competitive market rate and flexi hours, with the option of finishing at 12pm on Fridays.
If you believe you might be the right person for the contract, please send us your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Bogdana on 01489 882 682 or Bogdana.Raducanu@matchtech.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.