- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our world leading aerospace client that design, develop and manufacture aircraft landing gear have an opportunity for a Test Engineer within their Test Department in Gloucester.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Test Engineering Team based in the UK working on a variety of Test programs in support of Landing Gear development and qualification.
Reporting to an Engineering Group Leader you will interpret test requirements, participate in producing test solutions and perform qualification & development testing of landing gears and associated equipment to meet customer requirements.
- Review test procedure requirements
- Lead allocated test activities
- Operation of control & data acquisition systems.
- Transducer identification & calibration
- Installation of Test instrumentation
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to achieve customer satisfaction, requirements compliance and schedule adherence
- Compile technical documentation and test reports.
Candidate skills and requirements
You will need a minimum HNC/Degree or equivalent in Mechanical / Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering and experience within a qualification/development test environment and with the necessary experience to be successful in the role.
- Experience in at least one of the following testing techniques:
- Structural strength, fatigue, endurance, environmental or Flight Test Instrumentation
- Experience in hydraulic circuit functionality, servo hydraulics systems.
- Experience in the application & use of control systems, data acquisition systems and instrumentation.
- Experience in a hands-on role, within a test environment
- Knowledge of strain gauging and application (Strain gauge theory would be advantageous).
- Calibration of transducers e.g. force, pressure, displacement
- Compilation of technical documentation - Test Reports.
- Task management skills to meet customer requirements and deliver customer satisfaction on time
- Excellent computer literacy & IT skills e.g. Microsoft Applications.
- Clear communication skills allowing you to liaise with both internal & external customers.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.