- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Trainee Planning Liaison Manager
Our client is seeking a Trainee Planning Liaison Manager to report to and assit the Principal Development Manager as well as the team on the implementation and review of the clients strategy for planning.
The role will also require you to provide the junior professional lead on general planning matters and develop the services to support the department and this role.
This post is part of a succession planning programme and therefore be a 3 Year Fixed Term Contract. The post holder will be a junior professional within the Planning and Local Authority Liaison department. The post holder will be supported with the necessary training and mentoring.
- To assist with the implementation and delivery of the strategy for Planning and Local Authority Liaison. This will include effective management of the statutory consultation role with respect to development management and the development plan systems.
- To assist with the discussions with Local Authorities, Central Government, the Devolved Administrations, Elected Members and other organisations and develop the external relationships needed to implement strategies (including attending meetings and completing actions). To represent the client on matters of planning and public safety with these organisations and others at whatever level is necessary to resolve the matter as the client may require.
- To assist with the monitoring of the effectiveness of the clients input into the planning system.
- To identify risks and ensure appropriate control measures are implemented and monitored throughout all work in the department.
- To identify opportunities for improving departmental systems and processes to obtain best value.
- To defend where necessary professional planning views and judgements expressed in the consultation responses to Local Planning Authorities.
- To monitor the progress of work allocated within the department and advising line manager of any issues.
- To assist with the supervision of the contributions of appropriate technical and administrative staff in relation to planning matters to ensure correct and accurate information is submitted to Local Planning Authorities in relation to consultations.
- To assist with the promotion and maintenance of a positive team culture within the department and in its dealings throughout the organisation.
- To act in accordance with the behaviours and values of the organisation
- To manage your own performance to be accountable for meeting individual, team and corporate objective
- To act in accordance with the Scheme of Delegation and ensure propriety and regularity in the handling of public funds
- To comply with and contribute to the improvement of operational and team processes and procedures
- To assist with the preparation and execution of the team's objectives, budgets and financial records
- To identify opportunities and implement change leading to team development, system improvement and good value for money
- To maintain and develop positive stakeholder relationships in order to promote the client and assist it to meet its objectives
- To support research and development projects
- To ensure that the clients statutory responsibilities are effectively discharged
- To carry out any further reasonable requests from your line manager
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Up to 20% Civil Service Pension
- 27.5 days plus Bank Holidays + 6 days Flexi Leave
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.