- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Technical Director (Environmental / EIA)
Matchtech are currently working with a large Environmental Consultancy who currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Technical Director to join their company in Manchester.
Our Client are currently seeking a highly experienced, enthusiastic, positive and confident Technical Director to help them grow their team. As part of your role, you will provide technical excellence to ensure high-quality delivery of environmental products for key clients such as the Environment Agency, HS2 and Local Authorities. Projects will include a variety of river and coastal flooding projects, as well as strategies and other infrastructure projects (water, rail, housing or commercial property). You will support innovation within the Environment business, particularly around the digital EIA agenda.
As the successful candidate, you will hold a BSc/MSc in a related Environmental Science field with very strong experience in the delivery of large Environmental Statements. You will be chartered with significant post-chartership experience. A valid UK driving licence is essential.
As part of your role, you may also be required to lead the delivery of the technical aspects of projects from feasibility to detailed design with particular regards to the environmental assessment process, consultation, applying for consents and submitting a planning application.
- Very strong, demonstrable EIA/SEA experience.
- Extensive experience authoring and contributing to Screening/Scoping Reports and Environmental Statements.
- Ability to critically review and assure reports and outputs in line with our clients' quality assurance processes, ensuring client satisfaction.
- In-depth knowledge of Environmental Legislation and associated Regulations.
- Strong ability to set high-quality standards for the delivery of environmental products.
- Strong ability to coach, mentor and delegate to more junior members of staff.
- Ability to develop and lead focused EIA training for staff across all grades of staff.
- Excellent report writing skills and written and verbal communication.
- Business development skills including identifying new clients (internal/external) and services, building and maintaining relationships with our clients existing clients and working with the BD Team to develop technical and commercial responses to tenders and other business opportunities.
- Development of new service lines and propositions in the EIA and related fields.
In addition to the above, you will ideally have a strong track record in some of the following technical areas:
- Experience delivering EIA and related services across multiple sectors including; highways, rail, river/coastal, and commercial/residential development projects.
- Experience on Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects.
- Experience in Expert Witness/Public Inquiry work.
- Consenting, Town & Country Planning and Development Consent Orders.
- Sustainability Assessments, Health Impact Assessments.
Our Clients Infrastructure Division delivers projects in the UK and across the globe. Following 4 years of continued success and growth in our clients Environment team, they are expanding their teams across all levels to support their delivery of a variety of projects in the EIA sector to support our Water, Rail, Highways and Tunnels divisions. Their key clients include HS2, the Environment Agency, Local Authorities and other leading national and international infrastructure providers.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of their expansion process and to help Capita maintain and grow their position as a leading supplier of engineering and environmental services.
With our client, you will contribute to delivering a portfolio of projects for large private and public sector clients across the UK. Projects will include a variety of multidisciplinary, environmental impact and strategic assessments within rail and railways infrastructure, fluvial and coastal flooding, commercial property and frameworks for local and regional development. Based in one of their 12 offices nationally, you will apply your professional skills to support and lead with the delivery of the environmental elements of those projects.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.