- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Highway Contracts Engineer
A Highway Contracts Engineer is needed to plan and control all aspects of Highways Maintenance and Project Delivery for a London Bourough, and to maintain an effective relationship between the Transportation Service and LoHAC service provider.
- Support the delivery of the NEC3 term services contract within the Transportation services unit
- Act in a spirit of mutual trust and co-operation with the service provider to ensure the effective delivery of projects
- Manage in a collaborative manner internal and external stakeholders in any aspect of the delivery of projects
- Collect and analyse performance data with respect to the delivery of projects and works activities.
- Manage internal or external highways schemes/works, including responsive and planned maintenance for customer enquiry through to final invoice. Monitor all income and expenditure to ensure viability is achieved.
- Manage traffic management (London cycle network traffic calming scheme, London Bus priority network, CPZ's) or regeneration schemes, as directed.
- Manage any major or minor Highways project (carriageway surfacing/footway upgrades, local safety schemes, bus priority schemes, CPZ's) as directed, utilising project management systems.
- Work with the service provider to ensure that both the quality/works specification is achieved and budget profiles are on target.
- Attend meetings with all Statutory Undertakers, members of the public, MPs, elected members or any other interested parties for all matters relating to the highway, or as directed by the Contracts Manager.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally with all stakeholders. Provide technical advice and information for other Council units.
- Provide information to internal and external partners for the network management under the Traffic Management Act.
- The postholder will undertake such courses of study or training as are deemed necessary by the Contracts Manager as part of his/her training plan.
- Prepare technical specifications and estimates, financial and progress reports as directed by the Contracts Manager.
- Undertake in the analysis of survey data to compile a priority list for the Highways major works programme.
- Undertake in the development of the service area, giving advice and representing the unit and Authority as appropriate.
- To be responsible for identifying, recommending and implementing improvements that can be made to the level of service provided.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.