- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
This role is about providing leadership and operational delivery of specialist highways and transport related services for the council.
Main Purpose of the Job
- Co-ordinates Street Works function in operating the London Permit Scheme (LoPS) as amended.
- Ensures that the only deemed permits that have occurred have been as the result of technical issues and to ensure that the aims of the Traffic Management Act are adhered to
- Is responsible for expenditure, income, fees and charges in relation to NRSWA and LoPS, including permit fee reconciliation and FPN reconciliation on a monthly basis and deals with financial queries when they arise from utilities
- Takes the necessary action to resolve disputes between the Public Utilities and the Public
- Keeps abreast of current NRSWA legislation and Codes of Practice (CoP) and initiates any necessary changes in working practices
- Responsible for charge production work specifically related to Defect and Sample Inspection fee charges
- Implements procedures within the Team to evolve more efficient ways of working and aid improvement within the performance of the team
- Considers and decides on course of action to be taken in relation to challenges to Permit Charges and Defect Charges, demonstrating a knowledge and application of key CoP(s) and legislation
- Considers evidence and decides the appropriate action to be taken against undertakers for a breach of NRSWA or TMA offences in accordance with the legal team and the Senior Professional Engineer assigned the operational Network Management function
- Liaise with Corporate IT to ensure that the IT systems continue to operate effectively and where problems have arisen to help identify and resolve them quickly
- Undertakes site visits and inspections with Undertakers when required
- Deals with verbal and written enquiries, service requests and correspondence from Councillors, members of the public and other agencies on relevant TMA and NRSWA related matters
- Represents the council at various meetings and forums involving street works, such as HAUC meetings
- Maintains close working relationships with TfL and other LoPS authorities
- Leads on performance meetings with stakeholders on a regular basis, as required
- Consults with other members of staff from different departments to raise awareness how the LoPS could fit into policies within other departments
- Works closely with the Shared Services project managers and engineers to ensure street works and permit compliance is met and parity with Statutory Undertakers is adhered to
- Liaises with the Traffic Signals Engineers and others to co-ordinate installations and works for Statutory Undertakers and any other organisations that carry out works affecting the public highway, and to monitor and arrange inspections of such works as required
- Contributes to the development of team and service plans and sets SMART performance targets for team members linked to the appraisal process to ensure that high standards and expectations are achieved
- Motivates and inspires team members to deliver team and service plans that support delivery of corporate vision
- Promotes a performance management culture within the Team and regularly monitors and adjusts performance against agreed performance indicators
- Agrees clear objectives with team members, continuously monitors and provides feedback on performance
- Demonstrates a commitment to own personal and professional development and to developing, mentoring and coaching others
- Promotes and works in accordance with the Equality Act, promoting diversity and equality in all aspects of service delivery and people management
- Commits to the wellbeing of staff and actively implements the Council's Health & Safety policies
- Proficient in the use of ICT, in particular MS Office suite of programs, internet, and Google email
- Undertakes any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post, as may be required from time to time, including representing the Group Manager Highways & Transport, as required, and attending meetings outside of normal working hours
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.