- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client, a global manufacturer, is looking for an Automation Engineer to join their expanding R&D team in Portsmouth.
You will be joining the hi-tech company to develop automation on production systems. You will be developing the automation from early phases, managing specifications, design, industrialisation and transfer to manufacturing.
My client actively works with a variety of manufactuers in a range of indsutries, including: Energy, Machinery, Biopharma and Food.
Portsmouth will be your main work location, but you could be required to travel at least 30%, so flexibility and willingness to do this is essential.
- Create automated system user requirements and functional specifications
- Review technical documents by working with automation suppliers
- Decide what tests need to be performed on the automated systems
- Transfer qualified design packages to engineering group for customer configuration
What skills and qualifications are required for this role?
- Degree or equivalent in relevant subject (Electrical/Controls/Chemical etc)
- Knowledge of Good Automated Manufacturing Practices
- Experience in industrial automation product design and product development and wiring industrial control panels
- PLC and HMI programming, ideally with: Rockwell, Siemens and/or Wonderware
- Building and designing SCADA systems
- Wiling and flexible to travel when required
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Able to work well autonomously and as part of a team
- Motivated and driven
What makes this a good opportunity?
Alongside 25 days holiday (plus bank holiday), pension scheme, free on-site parking and long service awards, my client can also offer the following:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dental insurance/Medical cash plan
- Dining cards and various other high street discounts
- Kids pass
- Discounted gym membership
- Life assurance
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.