- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client, the biggest supplier of National Grid gas in the UK, is looking for a Controls and Instrumentation Engineer to join their expanding team in Alton, Hampshire.
Main purpose of the role
To coordinate the maintenance and improvement of process control and safety systems for the plant.
You will be required to act as Lead Engineer for the site, providing leadership, direction and supervision for the C&I Technicians and other disciplined engineers.
Your core hours will be 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday, but will include some weekend and Bank Holiday work.
- Review safety instrumented systems, documentation and improve process control and safety systems
- Provide technical support to operations (including diagnosis, root cause analysis) and technical support for the maintenance of site wide process control systems and safety systems (including all communication between sites, vendor equipment and remote access support).
- Design and implement new process control and safety systems
- Produce key deliverables (SIL verification and Safety Requirement Specifications)
What skills/qualifications are required for this role?
- HNC or equivalent in relevant engineering field/subject
- Familiar with the design, maintenance and operation of Safety Instrumented Systems
- Functional safety, ATEX and Instrumentation design standards (IEC61508, 61511, CompEX Ex 12, IEC 60079-14)
Desirable skills include experience within the Oil and Gas or similar industry, familiar with AutoCAD and working towards CEng status.
- Good organisation skills in order to plan and prioritise your daily activities
- A team player
- Pro-active and reliable
- Have the ability to work well under pressure
What makes this a good opportunity?
- Family-like work environment
- Training - my client prides themselves on ensuring employees have the opportunity to grow and develop
- Salary: up to £44k dependent on experience
- 10% non-contributory pension
- Gym Allowance
- Long term sick policy
- Death in service (8x salary)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.