- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Controls and Instrumentation Engineer
My client within the Oil and Gas industry is looking for a Controls and Instrumentation Engineer to join their team in Alton on a permanent basis.
Main purpose of the role:
Coordinate the maintenance and improvement of process control and safety systems to allow for safe and efficient operation of the gas plant facility.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Act as a Lead Engineer, providing leadership and supervision of C&I Technicians and other engineers
- Technical support to operations (diagnosis, root cause analysis) and maintenance of site wide process control and safety systems.
- Design, implementation, specify, test and commission of process controls and safety systems
- Produce key deliverables and SIL verification calculations
What qualifications are required for this role?
Applicants must have a HNC (or equivalent) in relevant engineering topic and be an established manager.
It is desirable if you are working towards CEng status.
You must be familiar with design, maintenance and operation of SIS (Safety Instrumented Systems). Applicants must also be competent with safety standards (IEC 61507/61511/FSEng), ATEC Standards and Instrumentation Design Standards (IEC 70079-14).
You should have a minimum of 5 years experience working within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Good organisational skills (you must be able to plan your daily accordingly, prioritising activites).
- Team Player
- Have the ability to cope and perform well under pressure
- Strong problem solving skills
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary dependent on experience (£45-£60k)
- 10% non-contributory pension
- Potential for up to 15% bonus
- Gym allowance (up to the amount of £600)
- Long term sick policy
- Lunch provided on site
- Training and progression opportunities
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.