- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Bridge Design Team Leader
Our client is the sector leader in the growing UK highways management and maintenance market. The team in London are looking for a Bridge Design Team Leader to join the team.
Our client are currently recruiting for a Structures Design Team Leader to join the South West Design Services contract. The successful post holder will manage the design team and be responsible for the delivery of technical outputs of projects or service areas to the meet the client's brief.
The company design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. The projects range from major improvements to maintenance and renewals improvements of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works that can be from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
* Contribute to the successful delivery of the programme of work by managing, developing and overseeing sound design solutions to meet client requirements within budget and timescale, following the company processes and procedures as well as any Client specific requirements.
* Developing, designing and reviewing solutions in accordance to National design standards, procedures and requirements and any specific parameters.
* Production or overseeing of scheme documents and reports in accordance with the relevant contract.
* Contribute to compliance with the Quality Management Systems including site specific audits for both company and Client requirements.
* Production and overseeing of designs that comply with relevant health and safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations.
* Contribute to the regular reporting of progress to external clients and communicating with internal line managers regarding progress against planned programme.
* Assist in the mentoring and development of staff to grow organically and the development of in-house structures capability.
* Management and Supervision of Structures Design Team including resource monitoring and liaison with Highways England and the wider Community.
* The undertaking of Structural Inspections, Assessments, and Checks, along with studies and scheme identification including value management may be required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* To be a Chartered Engineer (CEng) or Incorporated (IEng) of a relevant professional institution (MICE/MCIHT) with relevant post-qualified experience post Chartership/Incorporated.
* Demonstrable broad in-depth experience in inspection, assessment, design and construction of highway structures.
* Experience of working on design contracts for Highways England.
* Experience of design of highway structures to Eurocode, along with experience of DMRB and other Highways England standards.
* Leading and managing technical and project teams within a business environment and management and supervision of staff.
* Proficient IT Skills - including experience of structural assessment and design software.
* Detailed understanding of health and safety management and the requirements of CDM.
* Having a CSCS and Driving License is desirable.
* Experience and ability in budget management and cost control.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.