- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is looking for a dynamic Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager to join their team.
To work under a Senior QS as part of the Commercial Team overseen by the Commercial Manager assisting with the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety. Work within the project teams liaising with the Partner Commercial Lead, project engineers, procurement coordinators, schedulers, planners, site team leaders and site managers. Assist in improving cost efficiency and creating an environment of outperformance.
- The Monitoring, Recording and Presentation of relevant Cost Data
- Work to facilitate payments to Subcontractors and from Client
- People Responsibilities and skillsQualifications and Experience
- Knowledge and experience preparing final accounts to specific deadlines
- Ability to appropriately delegate tasks to assistant
- Knowledge and experience in commercial reporting
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel
- Knowledge and experience of AW financial processes and commercial Reporting
- Knowledge and experience in estimation and cost analysis
- Knowledge and experience of Driving Outperformance
- Ability to work to tight deadline
- Ability to adapt and challenge
The candidates we would expect to see good NEC knowledge. Experience in the Utility sector would be beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to manage/prioritise workloads
- Good communicator able to communicate detailed data to a non-data literate audience
- Personal skills and Behaviours
- Experience of Cost base data
- Proven ability in interpreting and collating financial Data and using spreadsheets
- Excellent numeric and literacy skills
- Knowledge and experience of Subcontractor account management
- Knowledge and experience of cash flow forecasts
- Experience in line management and ability to coach/mentor and develop QS Assistant
- Knowledge and experience preparing for audits
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.