- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Civil Engineer
Our client is a medium sized Civil and Structural Engineering consultancy based in Hemel Hempstead are currently looking to recruit a Senior Civil Engineer.
Roles and responsibilites:
* Design of roads, junctions, drainage, retaining walls, bridges and earthworks
* Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments and design of sustainable drainage solutions
* Production of Infrastructure Strategy reports for new developments
* Production of Transport Statements for new developments
* Design for new development and remedial/improvement schemes for existing roads
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for our clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for another capable and experienced engineer. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided by our clients.
Relevant skills & experience
* Minimum qualification - degree in Civil Engineering
* Minimum of 8 years' post-qualification experience in civil engineering design
* Proficient in use of AutoCAD for drafting design solutions
* Ability to deal with clients with minimal supervision
* Ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone
* Ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports
* Ability to work well with others as part of a team
* Good commercial awareness
A Senior Civil Engineer will ordinarily undertake the following tasks
* Take a global view of infrastructure issues for new development and advise clients accordingly
* Design of road and drainage infrastructure, junction alterations and new services
* Liaise with clients, project teams and local authorities
* Enhance and promote the image of the company by their actions
Remuneration and training
The company will provide a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation.
The company contributes to a social club which organises regular social events, such as go-karting, theatre trips, golf, bowling etc.
There is a friendly and supportive working environment, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover. The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from 'on the job training' in new software and design techniques to training programs for Chartered status and external short courses.
The breadth of skills and experienced staff creates an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and expand their knowledge and skills.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.