- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Head of Commercial Model Management
Our client is seeking a Head of Commercial Management for their Birmingham office to work on the formulation and updating of their contracts to modernise and include all necessary information.
Protection of client's interests by designing and implementing commercial models so that the client remains a demanding and intelligent customer. Lead the delivery of models to support the commercial and procurement strategy, set out in each of the procurement programmes in the Statement of Need.
- Designing and implementing models that align to the client's interests with the corporate goals and objectives.
- Lead the delivery of models in a consistent approach to support the commercial and procurement strategy, set out in each of the procurement programmes in the Statement of Need.
- Analyse, and provide management information and reports to identify trends and address issues proactively. Coach and support programme and project managers/sponsors and their teams on the application and interpretation of the models.
- Manage the team to deliver challenging targets.
- Achieve Commercial & Procurement's goals and objectives within the delivery of the allotted part of the programme.
- Promote the clients reputation through building workable models.
- Lead the planning and implementing of commercial modelling as part of the overall procurement strategy and encourage innovation, empowering and inspiring continuous improvement.
- Build the capacity, capability and expertise to balance efficient delivery of immediate outcomes and the realisation of future improvements within procurement programme.
- Providing C&P expertise, identifying needs, understanding priorities and potential threats to successful delivery of commercial models so that mitigating actions can be actioned to support better delivery of the procurement programme.
- Development of the commercial models to meet C&P strategy, translating objectives from the business plan to meet the programme goals and objectives.
- Communication to and from the Commercial and Procurement Directorate, supporting a culture of continuous improvement. Head of Commercial Modelling Reports to Commercial Services Director.
- Own and develop the commercial modelling relationships with all stakeholders
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the procurement programme and provide input to future Road Investment Strategies.
- Respond to supply chain performance in wellbeing, Health, Safety, Time, Cost, Quality and Behavioural indicators that are driven by the contractual commercial models.
- Working alongside senior the client's senior directors and managers as an integral senior member of the team.
- Maintain own CPD to ensure that all necessary professional development activities are undertaken.
- Complete annual appraisal, to evaluate and plan professional development.
- Develop and maintain awareness of best practices and external developments in the profession by maintaining an active interest in the relevant professional institutions, through networking, professional and industry publications and other means.
- Management of the Commercial Modelling Team (including building a team)
- Budget management responsibilities
- Key contacts/relationships/stakeholders managed
- Significant and demonstrable experience of leading and managing commercial teams including matrix management at a senior level.
- Proven ability to contribute to and communicate programme and organisational aims to align effort with a programmatic vision
- Capable of assembling, leading and motivating a diverse, inclusive, high performing team
- Capacity to absorb complex and diverse information and use strong practical influencing skills, both internally and externally to optimise Highways England's commercial programme interests.
Functional / Technical Skills
- Significant knowledge of NEC forms of contract. Experience of tendering and procurement using NEC forms of contract.
- Demonstrable experience in determining cost drivers for cost comparison in an infrastructure environment and experience of using cost capture, analysis and interpretation into intelligence to drive continuous improvement in the design of robust commercial models.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.