- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
As a result of winning successful tenders, one of our leading clients is looking for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join their busy and growing team.
About the role
As an award winning multi-disciplinary consultancy, our client provides a range of geotechnical design services. Their involvement at all stages of projects allows them to advise on ground risk and to develop high quality, innovative geotechnical solutions.
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will:
* Communicate with the Client and with Project Engineers to understand project requirements.
* Undertake research and investigations to develop a clear understanding of the ground conditions at a project site.
* Plan, specify and manage site investigations and laboratory testing programmes.
* Collate and analyse field and laboratory data and undertake analyses related to the project design.
* Liaise with engineers, clients and Project Engineers to develop project specificsolutions.
* Prepare detailed geotechnical reports.
* Assist the team leadership in the development of Client relationships and contribute to the training and development of other team members.
For this role you will need to have A relevant degree or Masters degree in Geotechncial Engineering and ideally Chartered Engineer or Geologist status.
You will have the following:
* A minimum of 10 years' experience in geotechnical design and construction and a good working knowledge of ground conditions in the United Kingdom.
* The ability to anticipate and interpret ground conditions and to develop accurate ground models from site investigation and desk study information.
* Experience of leading teams on multi-disciplinary projects.
* The ability to use a range of industry standard geotechnical software.
* A self-motivated team player with the ability to lead inter-disciplinary teams.
* The ability to produce work of a high standard with minimum supervision.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* The ability to work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams maintaining and developing relationships to ensure the successful delivery of projects
Rewards and benefits
Our client offers thier people the opportunity to work on exciting and rewarding projects. They provide long-term career development opportunities and support their staff to enable them to reach their full potential. They offer flexible working and a competitive remuneration package including a bonus scheme. They also provie a warm welcome and encourage applications from a diverse range of people who can enrich our company.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.