- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Product Security Engineer
A Product Security Engineer is required to join Matchtech's key client based in Portsmouth on a contractor basis.
Purpose of role:
With the advance of technology and the increase of both cyber threats and social attacks. It is crucial to our Client that they ensure our products across their Maritime Sector are secure by design, achieve security accreditation and maintain secure through-life.
This role will include, liaising with stakeholders, influencing engineering design, producing documentation in support of accreditation, providing advice and guidance to shape technical solutions and supporting embedding our security culture across the business.
- Producing documentation such as architecture and RMADS for support of accreditation. Collecting evidence for the security case.
- Inputting security sections of bid proposal documents and producing estimates, and security principle frameworks.
- Contribution to the wider product security function - delivering training, presenting at Special Interest groups, improving processes etc
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Design and shape the technical security architecture of a number of strategically important products to ensure they are secure by design.
- Liaise with the system accreditor(s) and stakeholders to manage expectations and ensure that security requirements are met and risk is reduced to acceptable level.
- Determine of the security principles for the project solution to work within.
- Ensure project security is in place including arrangements between suppliers, partners and for reference rigs.
- Support product security function activities and growth.
Additional Key Accountabilities:
- Keep up to date in relevant security standards, process and technologies, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
- Support the product security special interest group by sharing best practise
Key Technical Skills
- Solid engineering experience and background
- Flexible to new challenges and skills
- Attention to detail and able to identify priority areas of focus.
- Fundamental understanding of computer technologies, how they are networked together, different protocols, operating systems and applications
- Ability to identify and investigate technology to understand the security flaws and how to mitigate them.
Desirable Technical Skills
- Good knowledge and understanding security risk assessment and RMADS.
- Good Communication Skills and ability to influence stakeholders (such as an accreditor).
- Good technical understanding of systems and how their security aspects.
- Penetration testing skills
- Experience of or working in product security (particularly if working with UK/NATO/International standards) would be an advantage.
- Experience of working within a large engineering programme would be an advantage.
- CCP qualifications or experience of competencies of practitioner level in 'Security& Information Risk Advisor' and/or Senior IA Architect role would be an advantage.
- Crest, CISSP or CHECK would be an advantage
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.