- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Graduate Engineer + 1/2 years experience
Our client is an independent international engineering and project management consultancy, who have been working with clients to deliver projects which contribute to improving living circumstances around the world for more than 137 years.
The large scale company, spread over 140 countries are committed to promise to enhance society together. The team in Manchester are currently looking for a Graduate Engineer with 1 or 2 years industry experience.
Reporting to the Director Advisory Group the Graduate Engineer will play a key part in project teams assisting/working with Senior Team members/project managers to produce high quality deliverables such as:-
* Section 278 construction packages
* Section 38 construction packages
* Section104 drainage drawings
* Highway planning layouts
* TRO drawings
The Graduate Engineer should be able to apply their own knowledge to developing basic construction drawings themselves as well as supervising elements of packages using AutoCAD/Civil3D software and be able to work within a team under the direction of Senior staff of large scale projects.
The Graduate Engineer should be able to work within a team of be able to converse with other staff to resolve design issues. The role demands a proactive approach in a team environment and offers substantial opportunity for career progression within the company.
Graduate Engineers will be expected to contribute to the technical excellence of the team and can expect considerable experience on a variety of interesting and challenging projects
* Assistance in preparation of highway alignments
* Keep upto date with latest software packages
* Keep upto date with industry guideline changes and apply these to projects.
* Production of construction drawing packages
* Liaison with technical team members both internally and externally.
* Liaison with approving statutory bodies as required
* Undertaking surveys, and research for projects.
* Manage elements of projects as appropriate.
* Awareness of commercial and technical management of projects to assist in ensuring that they are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
* Developing innovative solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
* Contributing to the technical development of the transport function in the UK. Staff will be encouraged to develop their own ideas.
* Reviewing and/or producing of Civil 3D outputs.
* Ensuring deliverables produced are to a high standard both technically and in presentation
* Working and collaborating across design teams.
* c2 years post grad experiance
* Experience in Section 278/38 and Section 104 design and procedures
* Knowledge of DMRB and TSGD
* Knowledge of Manual for Streets and relevant Highway standards
* Basic experience of Civil 3D and/or Microdrainage.
* Awareness of Vertical Design standards
* Awareness of Drainage Design standards
* Good communicator (written and verbal)
* Proven technical track record and ability
* Good team player to contribute to dynamic group
* Commercially aware
* Desire to be Chartered through relevant Professional Bodies (eg CIHT,CILT, TPP)
* BSc/BEng in Civil Engineering
* Some knowledge of transport planning processes and outputs
* Availability to work on short missions abroad
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.