- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Design Engineer - 1 year FTC
Our Engineering client are a growing business who are looking to recruit a Design Engineer on a 1 year fixed term contract.
The company manufacture a range of products that are supplied into automation, vehicles, energy, Food & Beverage, Life Sciences and Rail.
The Design Engineer is responsible for supporting the Product Development strategy delivering profitable organic growth and continuous improvement. The role is part of the Engineering Department and involves working effectively with the Projects, Production and Quality Engineering teams and Manufacturing Department.
- Conduct detailed design tasks.
- Conduct design tasks optimising value-added performance characteristics and functionality to gain competitive advantage.
- Apply relevant engineering standards, legislation, certification and customer compliance requirements applicable to the product range ensuring that sales requirements are achieved.
- Compile Engineering and Test Reports.
- Conduct concurrent engineering tasks optimising designs for Manufacturing Methodology, Assembly and Testing processes.
- Conduct VAVE tasks to derivative and existing products, ensuring manufacturing costs are minimised and cost targets are achieved working coherently with Production Engineers.
- Create new part numbers and Bills of Materials using the ERP/MRP system.
- Provide technical support to Production Engineering and Purchasing.
Skills and Experience
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Key skills in Materials, CAD modeling and detailed drawing, Stress analysis, Fluid dynamics, Project management and practical mechanical assembly related skills.
- Experience or knowledge of engineering software, 2D and 3D CAD, FEA, CFD, Mathcad, MS Office, preferably using Autodesk platforms (AutoCAD, Inventor, Ansys).
- Professional and effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates Continual Professional Development increasing technical breadth and non- technical broadening with experience, research and experimentation.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.