- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Air Quality Officer
Seeking an Air Quality Officer with Practical training and experience in ambient air quality monitoring, modelling and assessment and assessing emissions from domestic and industrial combustion plant.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of EU, national and local environmental legislation and guidance related to air quality. Understanding of the duties and powers this legislation places on the department.
- Understanding of relevant environmental planning guidance and legislation.
- A thorough understanding of air quality assessments.
- Experience of using a GIS based database and quantitative risk assessment modelling tools.
- To have highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and to be able to communicate complex themes in technical and non-technical terms, both orally and in writing, concisely with a variety of different audiences and have the ability to contribute to corporate issues within the organisation.
- Numerate and well organised and be able to analyse and interpret complex data and seek solutions to technical challenges.
- Experience and willingness to work within a team environment delivering an effective and proficient service to our users.
- Excellent IT skills and experience working with large database systems.
- A commitment to the Council's equal opportunities policy and the ability to understand and implement the policy in relation to the job responsibilities.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of relevant environmental planning guidance and legislation.
- Experience producing or reviewing air quality monitoring and assessment reports on small scale major developments/projects with minimal supervision and contribution to colleagues' work on large scale major developments/projects.
- Experience addressing the satisfaction of air quality requirements (e.g. planning conditions) on the relevant small scale major developments/projects.
- Experience assisting in the coordination and management of air quality monitoring or improvement projects
Desirable for All:
- Experience producing, reviewing and assessing air quality monitoring, assessment and strategy reports on large scale major and strategic developments/projects and determining whether they satisfy air quality requirements (e.g. planning conditions) with no supervision.
- Experience supervising staff in undertaking the review of submissions on all air quality details relevant to large scale major and strategic developments/projects.
- Experience representing a local authority at all levels, internally and externally, in matters regarding air quality.
- Experience managing budgets including project and team budgets.
- Experience taking forward air quality monitoring and improvement projects including bid writing, designing, procuring, action planning and reporting
- Experience producing consultation responses on air quality related documents, strategies and legislation
- Experience producing local authority air quality action plans and annual progress reports
- Experience working with the planning system
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of environmental legislation and guidance including the Environmental Permitting Regulations 2010, the Private Water Supply Regulations 2009. Understanding of the duties and powers this legislation places on the department.
- Understanding and preferably experience in understanding integrated pollution prevention and control activities at industrial processes.
- A familiarity and preferably experience with water quality assessment.
- Experience in contaminated land monitoring, modelling and assessment.
- Experience assessing the impacts of aviation noise
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.