- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Environmental/Contaminated Land Officer
Seeking a Contaminated Land Officer with practical experience in contaminated land investigations, Preliminary Risk Assessments, Remediation Strategies and Verification Works
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 1 year's practical experience in contaminated land investigation including borehole and trial pit logging and sampling
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of environmental legislation and guidance including Part 2A of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, The Contaminated Land Regulations, CLR11: Model Procedures for the Management of Land Contamination and the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations 2009. Understanding of the duties and powers this legislation places on the council.
- Understanding of relevant environmental planning guidance and legislation.
- A thorough understanding of conceptual site models; experience producing preliminary risk assessments and undertaking intrusive site investigations; and knowledge of quantitative risk assessments, the design and implementation of typical remedial methods/treatments and their verification.
- Experience of using a GIS based database and quantitative risk assessment modelling, such as Environment Agency P20, CLEA, RBCA and SNIFFER.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and to be able to communicate complex themes in technical and non-technical terms, both orally and in writing, concisely with a variety of different audiences and have the ability to contribute to corporate issues within the organisation.
- Numerate and well organised and be able to analyse and interpret complex data and seek solutions to technical challenges.
- Experience and willingness to work within a team environment delivering an effective and proficient service to our users.
- Excellent IT skills and experience working with large database systems.
- A commitment to the Council's equal opportunities policy and the ability to understand and implement the policy in relation to the job responsibilities.
- Experience designing and supervising intrusive site investigations and undertaking quantitative risk assessments.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of relevant environmental planning guidance and legislation.
- Experience designing/implementing and verifying remediation strategies.
- At least 2 years' experience producing or reviewing contaminated land submissions on large scale major and strategic developments/projects without supervision and at least 4 years' experience on small scale major and minor developments/projects without supervision.
- At least 2 years' experience addressing the satisfaction of requirements (e.g. planning conditions) on the relevant large scale major developments/projects for preliminary risk assessments, site investigation schemes, quantitative risk assessments, remediation strategies and verification and at least 4 years' experience on small scale major and minor developments/projects without supervision.
- Experience supervising staff undertaking the production or review of submissions on all contaminated land submissions.
- Experience managing team project budgets and projects.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of environmental legislation and guidance including the Environmental Permitting Regulations 2010, the Private Water Supply Regulations 2016. Understanding of the duties and powers this legislation places on the department.
- Understanding and preferably experience in understanding integrated pollution prevention and control activities at industrial processes.
- A familiarity and preferably experience with water quality assessment.
- Experience in Air Quality and/or Noise monitoring, modelling and assessment
- Experience representing a local authority (or equivalent) at all levels, internally and externally, in matters regarding contaminated land.
- Experience managing budgets including project and team budgets.
- Experience taking forward assessment projehttps://www.adcourier.com/#cts including bid writing, designing, procuring reporting
- Experience producing consultation responses on land contamination related documents, strategies and legislation
- Experience producing local authority contaminated land strategies
- Experience working with the planning system
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.