- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Pavement Advisor
Our client is the UK's leading Highways and Transport organisation.
The company are currently looking for a Senior Pavement Advisor to join their team in any of their UK based locations in Bedford, Guildford, Birmingham, Leeds, Bristol, Manchester, Nottingham.
The Senior Advisor will be responsible for the development and implementation of pavement maintenance policies, standards, associated technical advice, guiding national pavement condition surveys and asset data management. You will be an accomplished specialist, directing policies and engineering practices, playing a key role in developing technical governance as well as supporting the development, renewal and maintenance of the companies concrete roads in particular.
You will provide technical advice to delivery colleagues and suppliers to ensure efficient, safe and best value maintenance solutions to meet the needs of our customers.
What you'll be leading on
* Provide leadership in policies associated with pavement asset data and management, taking responsibility for the development and delivery of activities in line with the business plan and supporting the Asset Group in setting strategy and direction
* Manage the continual review of pavement maintenance standards i.e. within the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB), Specification for Highway Works (SHW), etc.
* Aid the delivery of £500m concrete road maintenance and renewal programme during companies second Road Investment Period, ensuring the associated policies meet road users' needs based on sound life cycle maintenance policy
* Work closely with pavement team leaders, developing a collaborative approach for managing SRN policy for pavements
* Working with the suppliers, contractors and trade bodies to direct outcomes that best meet companies interests
To be successful
* You will be a chartered engineer or hold equivalent recognition of your technical suitability for the role; or provide an evidence based plan to shortly gain a relevant professional qualification
* Specific specialist knowledge, including;
o Sound understanding of concrete pavement design and maintenance standards plus practices, including practical application for the management of England's road network
o Sound site related experience for the maintenance of concrete roads or airfields
* Understanding of the principles of asset management and relevance in pavement management environment
* Project management experience, including project development and the management of external suppliers to agreed requirements
* Experience of working with a range of suppliers and stakeholders in the delivery of project objectives and in developing effective working relationships
A bit about us
Safety, Engineering and Standards (SES) is an exciting place to work. SES key priorities are to support world class operational delivery and technical advice for our road network, provide support services to lead, enable and innovate in the development of the Strategic Road Network and provide expert advice on matters relating to health and safety If you are looking for a challenging, exhilarating and world class organisation then join one of our dedicated, professional teams leading on technical services, health and safety, sustainability and diversity agendas.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.