- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, a leading supplier of products to the Aeronautical & Defence industry, are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join them on contract based out of their site in Stevenage.
- Carry out Mechanical Design and proving activities for harsh aerospace environments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Support/liaise with manufacturing, resolving manufacturing problems & defects.
- Support to functional & environmental trials.
- Liaise with suppliers/purchasing to resolve any technical queries that may arise.
- Planning and reporting on own day-to-day activities to meet project milestones.
- Gain clarification of and help to generate requirements.
- Challenge extraneous requirements accordingly to reduce UPC and design complexity
- Experience of Creo 3D design tool an advantage.
- An ability to work as part of an engineering team and be able to partake in or host design reviews.
- Knowledge of several of the following:
- Manufacturing processes
- Tolerance studies
- Environmental test
- Mass property calculations
- Material selection
- Design for Manufacture/Assembly
- Environmental Gasket Sealing
- Thermal management design
- Tooling/fixtures design
- Structural design
- Defence Standards
- Review processes
- Product Lifecycles
- Industrial validations
- Design of PCB enclosures
Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.