- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Assistant Town Planner / Liaison Manager
This is a great new opportunity for an ambitious Planner to join our client, one of the UK's leading authorities in the planning and environmental sector, and work as part of a great team dynamic and work on a variety of interesting projects.
Are you an experienced Town Planner looking to be involved in a variety of interesting and challenging projects, including provision of pre-application advice and various other aspects of the Planning team's work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation that believes in personal development and promoting their staff's personal aspirations, as well as offering great benefits.
In this role you will be involved with various responsibilities, including responding to planning consultations, general planning enquiries and providing pre-application planning advice to local planning authorities across England, Scotland and Wales.
What we are looking for:
A Master's degree or postgraduate diploma in town planning (or other equivalent planning qualification) together with Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI)
About the role:
The post holder will assist other members of the Planning and Local Authority Liaison team in responding to planning consultations, general planning enquiries and providing pre-application planning advice.
- A Masters degree or postgraduate diploma in town planning (or other equivalent planning qualification) together membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Knowledge and understanding of the policy, legislation and the principles of the overall planning system, including the differences in England, Scotland and Wales
- Knowledge and understanding of the roles and needs of relevant stakeholders involved in the planning process and the range of conflicts which will be experienced as a result of engaging with the planning system
- To be able to confidently represent the Authority on planning matters and negotiate with a range of stakeholders regarding conflicting viewpoints
- The desire to work as part of a team with a high workload and tight deadlines requiring effective time management to prioritise workloads
If successful, you'll be:
- Assisting and working with high volume workload in response to consultations received in respect of development management and the development plan systems.
- Assisting with discussions with Local Authorities, Central Government, the Devolved Administrations, Elected Members and other organisations, as necessary, and to develop the external relationships needed to implement the Authority's strategies, including attending meetings.
- Liaising with other internal departments, as necessary, and representing the Authority on matters of planning and public safety with these organisations and others to resolve the matter as the Authority may require.
- Assisting with the monitoring of the effectiveness of the Authority's input into the planning system and identifying opportunities for improving departmental systems and working processes to obtain best value.
- Defending where necessary professional planning views and judgements expressed in the Authority's consultation responses to Local Planning Authorities.
Alongside our client offering a great salary, this opportunity also offers a great Civil Service Pension, 27.5 days plus Bank Holidays + 6 days Flexi Leave, Performance Related Pay, Gym Membership contribution plus the ability to work in a fun and vibrant team, and work within a an organisation that believes in personal and professional development.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.