- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Due to project demands and growth, a team of Outfitters are required on a permanent basis, based in Southampton.
The role would suit candidates who have experience in marine outfitting, coachbuilding or a general background in joinery.
Day to day duties:
* Fit out duties on a range of vessels
* Cut, bend, and shape aluminium
* Use basic hand tools and machinery
* Read and interpret engineering drawings
* Conscious of weight constraints when providing fitting solutions
* Any other ad hoc tasks that are required
* Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
* Must have completed an appropriate engineering apprenticeship
* Must be flexible and will move from job to job
* Must understand and work to the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act
* Must have experience of working in a continuous improvement environment and be willing to make an active contribution to the process
* To be able to work to a high standard
* Good communicator
* Recognised Apprenticeship in Boat Building is desirable
Salary - approx. £25,000-£28,000 plus overtime premiums
20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.