- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Embedded Software Engineer
Are you interested in working for a continuously growing company that really value their staff and offer a fantastic range of benefits?
This opportunity is for an Embedded Software Engineer to join a team that have tripled in size over the last 10 years due to continued success. The company design and manufacture sensors that use state-of-the-art acoustic resonance technology, and are distributed internationally across a number of industries including marine and defence.
- Working across the software life cycle from design to maintenance and documentation of embedded software within the products.
- Write requirements, system, design and technical specifications.
- Specify, develop and test algorithms and software for circuit boards.
- Develop applications and support programs in high-level programming language (e.g. Visual Basic, VB.net or C#).
- Investigate and resolve faults on products that are provided for troubleshooting.
- Working autonomously to manage own projects led by software design, including providing progress reports for time-lines.
- Ensure quality control of the software development cycle and continuous improvement of products to meet customer requirements.
- Good knowledge of embedded C
- Expertise in ARM micro controllers
- Experience in design and test of high reliability code
- Familiar working within an R&D environment for high technology manufactured products
- Knowledge of RS232/RS485/RS422 serial communications and I2C and SPI protocols
- Working knowledge of electronic hardware including digital and analogue communication systems
- Understanding of application development with C# or other high-level .NET Visual Studio programming language
- Experience working with TI MSP micro controllers
- Use of VHDL/Verilog for DSP applications
- Non-contributory pension plan - 9% company contribution
- Private health care plan
- Life assurance scheme
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free breakfast, fresh fruit and snacks throughout the day
If you'd like to hear more about the role, please feel free to get in touch:
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.