- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Are you an experienced project manager open to global travel and looking for your next challenge?
This client is a world leading cruise ship re-fitter looking for several Project Managers
Project Manager required education and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or project management
- 3 years' experience in marine project management or marine refit; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience managing large teams of trades persons
- Right to live and work in the UK
Project Manager Profile:
Project manage a variety of complex tasks related to the Project Management of marine and interior outfit projects from commercial handover, through to on-site and then project close down.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Understand the final scope of the project and take ownership for allocated tasks or projects following relevant sign off.
- With approval from a Senior Project Manager plan and work with the relevant stakeholders on the procurement of all resources and labour.
- Contribute to the on-going communication with the client professionally and consistently.
- Contribute to project meetings from start up to close down, including regular and ad-hoc project and site meetings.
- With minimal supervision help control and monitor project performance according to the project specification, budget and timeline. Make recommendations for continual improvements that can be made.
- With minimal guidance produce and provide regular project and financial reports to nominated stakeholders identifying any variances and how these are to be managed or mitigated.
- In collaboration with the Senior Project Manager, during project delivery review labour and resource levels on site, proactively recommending where adjustments are required.
- Support the Senior Project Manager ensuring Health and Safety standards are adhered to for nominated sites including ensuring personnel are issued with and wear the appropriate Personal Protections Equipment.
- Where required take full responsibility for the delivery of small projects ensuring they are completed on time, in budget and to the client requirements.
- Complete any other ad-hoc tasks as directed by your line manager or designee.
Project Manager knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong planning, time management and prioritisation skills.
- Effective communication skills and an ability to influence others in a variety of situations.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Results and detail-orientated approach to work delivery and output.
- Demonstrable experience in using IT systems including Microsoft
- Understanding of Health and Safety legislation.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.