- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client specialises in the design and development of high quality products. They are looking for a talented Product Designer to join their growing business.
Our client's products have earned a reputation of being extremely well made and beautifully designed. The company is looking for a 'Product Designer' to join their small design team. You must have proven experience of working with Solidworks and the Adobe suite, as well as the ability to produce complex technical drawings for manufacture. Previous experience in design for manufacture and a good knowledge of manufacturing techniques and materials is essential, with previous experience of working with similar product or materials an advantage. The successful Product Designer will be working as part of the design team, reporting to the Design Manager, primarily assisting with the design and development of the company's new product ranges. This will include producing concept renders, reverse engineering and product design, and the generation of technical drawings for manufacture. They will also be required to solve engineering problems should they arise and comfortably manage their own time and workload in a fast-paced design environment. They must be able to communicate well to a wider team as well as manufacturers. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a creative working environment, in a role that would offer an individual the chance to develop their own skills. The Product Designer role
- Utilising Solidworks for product design and the completion of detailed technical drawings for manufacture
- The generation of 3D models and concept renders
- Communicate manufacturing methods and technical specifications to suppliers
- Reverse engineering of product and designing for an established brand
- Working closely with the internal technical team to rectify product issues
- The completion of informative product documentation and instructions
- Helping to ensure that all quality and technical product standards are met
Skills and Experience
- Educated in a relevant degree discipline. (Product design, Design Engineering)
- Must have industry experience in using Solidworks to a professional level
- Must be a competent user of Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft office
- Should have the ability to project manage and problem solve
- Must be able to organise their own time to meet project deadlines
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and suppliers when necessary
- Experience of design for manufacture and understanding of engineering concepts and materials
- A keen eye for quality and design with great attention to detail
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.