- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Contract Systems Engineer
Matchtech are now recruiting for a key defence client based in Southampton for 3 Systems Engineers on a contract basis. Please contact Michael Clarke on 01489 898871 to discuss in more detail
Contract Systems Engineers
Up to £50.00p/h
SC (NATO) clearance required prior to start date
To provide technical support during the final integration, commissioning and acceptance phases of a complex, high value satellite communication ground station upgrade programme, with a focus on build state verification, physical configuration audits and as-built drawing verification at sites across Europe.
Candidates should have experience in all aspects of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, with particular focus on supporting system integration and transition into full operational service. Some aspects of the role would be similar to a Field Service Engineer, involving the removal and installation of communications equipment, from baseband to RF.
Ideally the candidate should have broad engineering experience of SATCOM ground station design/implementation, allowing them to supplement the existing engineering team in the resolution of technical issues.
The successful candidate would be joining a dedicated team working to short timescales with a full and stretching workload.
Key Responsibility Areas
Technical support to the Systems Engineering team in the areas of build state verification, physical configuration audits and as-built drawing verification
Technical support to the Systems Engineering team in the resolution of technical issues across all aspects of the installed systems.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Experience of working on large scale systems integration projects involving civil works and infrastructure, e.g. power distribution systems
- Hands on experience and knowledge of satellite communications systems and military communications systems
- Ability to work with other Engineering disciplines and external suppliers/customers.
- A Completer/Finisher, able to verify the accuracy of product baseline definitions and layout drawings/schematics against as-built installations while maintaining high standards of document control and Configuration Management.
- Previous experience working with security systems, fire detection systems and/or HVAC systems
- Previous experience working with networked communication systems.
- Qualified power technician, able to enter restricted cabinets/zones.
Intrinsic Job Factors
Owing to the nature of the Project and the role, it is essential that the candidate being considered for the position has full UK SC security clearance. It is desirable that they additionally have NATO Secret (NS) clearance or are able to achieve this.
This will predominately be an office-based role using display screen equipment, working full time hours which can often be in a demanding environment.
Willingness to travel at short notice to sites across UK and Europe to support Project activities is essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.