- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
MSK Extended Scope Practitioner
Our clients have an exciting opportunity for an MSK Extended Scope Practitioner to join their growing team in Manchester.
What will being an MSK Extended Scope Practitioner with us involve?
- Work across mobile clinical units and fixed sites across Greater Manchester
- Extended scope practitioners are clinical physiotherapy specialists with an extended scope of practice, who see patients referred for assessment, clinical diagnosis and management.
- To work clinically at the level of an expert autonomous practitioner in primary care within North West NHS Clinical Assessment and Treatment Service undertaking expert neuromuscular assessment of patients with complex orthopaedic conditions, requesting specific diagnostic tests and interpreting results, and providing diagnosis/prognosis and advice regarding treatment options to patients and referring GP's.
- To make triage decisions at the referral stage.
- To be responsible for onward referral to secondary care using the appropriate pathways.
What skills and experience will you need to apply?
- HCPC registration
- Appropriate MSK specific post graduate experience
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- Ability to work as a team member displaying emotional intelligence, tact and negotiation skills
- Good time management
- Developed organisational skills and grasp of operational issues of providing a service on a day to day basis.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.