- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Quality Inspector (FAIRS)
Our client, a leading supplier of products to the Aerospace industry, are currently looking for an experienced Quality Inspector to join on a long-term contract supporting FAI activity.
The primary responsibilities of this role is to performs all the required tasks, measurements, reviews and generation of documentation and product data, liaison with customers, suppliers and internal departments, to generate first article inspection reports (FAIRs) on all applicable products that comply to AS9102 and customer requirements.
- Conducts product inspections and measurements to the required drawings and documents to ensure FAIR's comply to AS9102 and customer requirements assuring the required quality conformance of products.
- Liaises with and drives suppliers to provide timely and accurate data and product for review and inclusion in the FAIRs submissions.
- Participates in documentation maintenance relating to FAIRs and process quality.
- Containment/Disposition of non-conforming material through MRP system.
- Maintains First Article Inspection Database.
- Raises Defect Material Reports (DMR) and Non Conformance Reports (NCR) as appropriate, and actively participates in and supports the analysis and solution of quality problems. Applies corrective and preventive actions to non-conformance products as required.
- Where required - Participates in the root cause analysis of customer returns, including participating on 8D teams to drive continuous improvements.
- Perform the product, process audits as well as the quality initiatives (Layered Process Audits, Successive Inspection, CARE station etc
- Provides support to any initial and final product inspection as required.
- Ensures the verification and calibration status of the quality tools.
- Participate in 3rd part audits such as CAA, ISO and FAA.
- Participate in customer/supplier audits and visits.
- Participate in meetings with customers over quality issues both on-site and off-site.
- Proven experience in inspection type activity within a manufacturing role
- ONC or equivalent in mechanical engineering discipline preferred.
- Experience with working to AS9102.
- Good communication skills
- Experience in the use of standard measuring equipment including, but not limited to: micrometers, verniers, calipers, bore gauges, pin gauges, height gauges, fixtures, inspection equipment and pc's, etc.
- Basic CMM use where programme written or very simple measurements.
- Computer skills, very competent in use of Microsoft office, i.e. Word and Excel.
- Use of software to generate FAIRs e.g. visual fair, inspection expect, net inspect, etc.
- Understanding of problem solving methods (Six sigma, 8D, Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.