- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highway / Traffic Engineer
This is a new opportunity for a developing Highway Design Engineer to join a great organisation and become part of a growing team and work on a variety of interesting Highway projects.
Our client is working and delivering on a wide range of services across the Oxfordshire region. The successful candidate will work as part of a small team of engineers and technicians to develop and deliver a wide range of highway and transport infrastructure projects.
- Design a range of highway improvement and traffic engineering schemes from small scale city centre cycling & pedestrian improvements, to major new highway infrastructure and sustainable transport projects.
- Work closely with project managers and other local teams to plan and implement a variety of highway and transport schemes from 'cradle to grave' within budget and to programme, and in compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives.
- Consult with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all stages of a scheme.
- Ensure that relevant standards are applied in accordance with national & local criteria and sound engineering practice to deliver appropriate solutions which offer best value.
We're looking for
- Track record for delivering highways and transport design projects, as part of a team of professional engineers.
- Working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges/Specification for Highway Works relating to the design and maintenance of local authority highway and transport schemes.
- Working knowledge of the design & delivery of highway infrastructure projects using BIM/Digital Engineering software, systems and data.
- Site based highways experience to provide sufficient understanding of buildability, traffic management and construction programming.
- A relevant Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent, or Foundation Degree/HNC/HND together with sufficient post qualification experience.
- Chartered Member or working towards being a Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent professional qualification.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player with a 'can do' approach.
This position is ideal for someone that is keen to develop their professional career, and learn new skills in the highways and civil sector, as well as becoming part of great team environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.