- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Manager - T26 Shared Infrastructure
There is a contract opportunity for a Project Manager to join one of the biggest defence company's in the UK.
Purpose of the Role:
- The Project Manager will ensure the successful application of project management processes enabling the project to be delivered on time, to budget and to quality across the project lifecycle.
- Ensure the successful financial performance and risk management of the projects.
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team in a both a project and product environment.
- Manage the internal Combat Systems Customer and the wider Stakeholder group.
- Manage negotiations with Customer & Stakeholder group
- Support negotiations with Sub-Contractors.
- Deliver regular briefs at IPT and Senior Management level for the project.
- Pursue best practice and align local processes and procedures as applicable.
- Deputise for programme managers when appropriate.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Chairing project meetings and directing the team accordingly, including corrective actions when required.
- Reporting project performance to senior management in accordance with project reporting cycle.
- Ensure the project adheres to the appropriate policies and processes.
- Chair CAM Reviews, consolidate and analyse data ahead of contract reporting.
- Manage project resource demands.
- Represent the project in support of all reviews and audits.
- Manage, motivate, influence and develop the project team.
- Manage project change & rapid response to customer change requests.
- Deputise for senior management as required.
Key Technical Skills:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Project Management techniques including: resource planning and management; cost capture, analysis & forecasting; schedule planning and tracking; schedule risk analysis (SRA); risk and opportunity management, change management.
- Strong Earned Value Management (EVM) skills.
- Understand the principles of bid and estimating processes.
- Thorough comprehension of a project Change Process.
- A full understanding of Life Cycle Management.
- Proficient IT skills particularly Microsoft Office suite. Working knowledge of planning and risk tools.
- Understanding of commercial principles to represent BAE Systems in discussion with various stakeholders.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.