- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Supplier Quality Engineer
I am currently recruiting for a Supplier Quality Engineer to be based at our client an aerospace company based in Plymouth.
Two vacancies have arisen for a Supplier Development Engineer. The successful candidates will be responsible for developing the performance of new and existing suppliers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Establishing a working relationship with suppliers and being the focal point for all supplier technical communications, dispositioning requests real-time
- Establishing Zero Defect Process control systems
- Ensuring purchased parts have been verified utilising AS9102 First Article Inspection
- Responding to Supply Chain risk concerns and identify areas of improvement within the supply chain
- Working with Suppliers to establish effective corrective action in the event of quality escapes
- Monitoring the Suppliers' performance and identifying areas of improvement within the supply chain
- Representing the views of the Business at Suppliers and the views of Suppliers in the Business at all levels
- Ad-hoc Supply Chain engineering support as required
The ideal candidate will be qualified to degree level and have experience of working in a manufacturing organisation in Electronics, Electro-Mechanical or PCB Manufacture. An understanding of 8D problem solving methodology would be a distinct advantage. Candidates will hold a valid driving license and be able to travel, predominantly within the UK, when required to support business needs.
In addition, candidates will be highly motivated, effective communicators, capable of building good relationships with both suppliers and internal customers and enjoy operating as a member of a small, flexible team.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.