- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Power Electronics Engineer
Power Electronic Engineer required for a global automotive client, working at their Research and Development office in Newcastle.
The Power Electronics Engineer will be working with a team of engineers designing and developing next generation inverters and motor drive systems with applications ranging from passenger cars to heavy trucks.
- Research in to new / novel power electronics.
- Designing motor drive inverters and power converters for use in automotive and other vehicle applications.
- Design documentation, test and validation.
- Ensuring that development follows the company processes and quality procedures.
- Working with mechanical and software engineers to optimise system design
- Supervision and guidance of junior engineers and technicians
Must have directly relevant experience in a professional role in ALL these areas:-
- Design and development of circuits such as motor controllers, power supplies, battery chargers or dcdc converters
- Design of power electronic circuits at power levels of 5kW or more
- Design of power electronic circuits using power MOSFETs or IGBTs
Desirable experience and skills:-
- Automotive electronics
- Experience with SiC or GaN power devices
- Familiar with use of CAD tools for simulation, schematic capture and PCB layout
- Microprocessor control and interfacing
- Design for high volume manufacture (over 10,000 per year)
- Thermal design of electronic equipment
- Design to meet EMC standards
- Design to meet safety standards
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc (Hons) in electrical engineering or equivalent
- PhD in power electronics preferred
- Must have relevant professional experience working on power electronics in the automotive, aerospace or industrial sector.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.